Friday, January 30, 2009

Tired

I went to the temple last night.  It was a very last minute decision.  Stephanie phoned for her Dad and said she was going with her Grandma Baldry,  so 15 minutes later, I met them at the Welling turn-off.  I wasn't going to go, but I thought to myself, I need to do more for me.  Selfish, yes I know.  All I had to do was get Austin to babysit for an hour (which turned into two), while Ryan went hometeaching, and he was basically home for the night.  Thanks you Austin, I don't know if he likes it and I hardly ever ask him to do it, but it doesn't seem to phase him.  It's good for him.  Anyways the whole point is, here I was trying to do something for myself, not caring about my children, just putting their lives in Austin's hands and hoping they get to bed. (Margaret fell asleep on the couch, snuggled up to Caroline.) I was trying to do something spiritually uplifting.  But here is the mental note.  Do not go to the temple when you are #1 pregnant and #2 you woke up at 6:00 a.m that morning.  Lets just say I had a really hard time staying awake.  It all turned out in the end, had a delicious treat from DQ, slept almost the whole way home and had some time to myself.  I am not sure I got anything out of the temple session, but my intentions were good.  It was that bad feeling that is one of my most hated feelings, when you want to sleep so bad but you can't.  When the lights went out I would just quickly close my eyes and try to remember to open them when the lights went back on.  I knew it was bad when Grandma Baldry leaned over to me and asked me if I was feeling okay.  I quietly said yes I am fine I just can't stay awake.  I just hope I wasn't snoring.  Well the at least I made an effort, I am sure that counts for something. These days I tend to fall asleep with the kids.  Tonight I forced myself to get out of bed at 11:00 after a two hour nap because I wanted to get something done. (I am not sure blogging is worth loosing sleep over)

side note:  Did you pregnant people get itchy early on in your pregnancy or just at the end?  I think it might be the dry weather but my ankles are super itchy.  I am paranoid I have the itchy disease.

side note #2:  Tina I think that if you ever make anything delicious (or anyone else who reads this, I think that is only Tina and Jenny-Lynn) (I keep meaning to add others, sorry)  I think you should post your recipe or just say what it is.  You may not want to, but I am sick of my dinners I need new things.  

side note #3: We were just sitting around the other night dreaming of things we could do on our Easter break.  We were getting a little carried away and thinking that we should just go all out.  (probably just a dream but everyone keeps saying that holidays are cheap right now)  Ryan phoned a cruise booking line and acted like he was interested in taking his family on a cruise.  Lets just say the girl had never tried to book something for someone with so many kids. Ryan thought it was funny how flabergasted she was so of course he just to throw her off and add, "O yes we are pregnant with our fifth".  Lets just say I don't think a cruise is our thing.  We would have had to get two separate cabins.  I guess people think kids need beds.  She did think that we would really get a good value on the "kids cruise free" promotion.  I have seen people, even on holidays, with four kids.  I didn't think four kids was that many.  It just reminds me that one reason I like Raymond is because people actually have big families.  I know a few that even have six kids.  (people my age)

2 comments:

  1. I have just recently discovered crock-pots and let me tell you there are some really good recipe's. I got a slow cooker recipe for christmas and have been trying some. I will give you them when I have made any really.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, I've got a lot to say. Itchy now??? Bad news. You're really in for it. And 'it' sucks. I do have some good new recipes. (Although the one I made tonight was a bomb. Couscous.) And I'm all for a great big holiday for all of you. Or ship them all out to Saskatoon and I'll babysit. Or come to Saskatoon and holiday. It's awesome and you don't even know it. TINA

    ReplyDelete