Monday, February 9, 2009

A Supermom for the Day

Well I would like to document the Sunday I just had. I would consider it a great triumph. I would consider myself, just for the day, one of those Mom's that can do everything. Let's start with the first reason I was a superwoman, I was husbandless. Ryan was in Kelowna at a basketball tournament. I returned home from Calgary at about 11:00 pm on Saturday night. I was tired but with the help of spits and a Dr. Pepper I made it home. By the time I carried all the kids and junk in, I got to bed by 11:30. The next day was no ordinary Sunday. We have 9:00 church, I managed to get myself ready, make a batch of muffins, get all the kids ready and finish the last minute things for my sharing time. We had to be at church 20 minutes early because Caroline's class was singing a song and they were practising. I had to play the cello for them as well. So I managed to get all the kids, diaper bag, sharing time stuff, cello, muffins and myself into the car. We were a little late but we still had enough time to practise the song. Then the daunting task, sacrament by myself, lets just say I am glad I am not a single parent. To my suprise it went well. No major melt downs or mishaps, just a manageable amount of noise. The family behind me took care of my kids for the musical number and Margaret didn't cry. Reuben and Ava ended up beside me on the stand, but it was okay, the song was Families Can be Together Forever, so it was appropriate to have children around me and I could still play the cello. My sharing time went well, Margaret was tired and she let my President hold her and she fell asleep. (She rarely does this anymore). After church we had "Its great to be Eight". I had to lead the music, Reuben had a lolipop so that kept Margaret happy. By now Ava was hungry and done church, so it was a little harder to keep her quiet. To our great delight, about halfway through in walked our Dad. So now the kids could climb on him. The rest of the day I spent in Lethbridge, practising with the Lethbridge symphony. Away from the kids, but it is a bit exhausting to play for five hours. It was a successful day, not something I would like to do every Sunday, but we made it.

Sidenote: How does my husband manage to take a two hour nap while watching four children? He is much more talented at watching children than I am, I'll have to take notes. I guess Margaret was sleeping and he did have to clean a big mess after he awoke. But I guess it was still worth it.
Sidenot #2: Ryan Baldry is the greatest, cutest, working on being more helpfull husband a girl could ever ask for. I came home last week from orchestra and Ryan had cleaned off the major, disaster junk desk that I have been avoiding for months. Ryan got lots of bonus points for that one.

1 comment:

  1. Holy Moley!?!?!?

    I still covet your life, even after reading this. I think you have a good life.

    (For the record, I try to be honest about my covetousness. I like to think my forthrightness cancels out my covetousness.)

    ReplyDelete