Thursday, January 22, 2009

An Ava Moment


I think maybe Ava is too independent, if that is possible. Yesterday she of course didn't eat lunch, so she was hungry after school, right before I had to teach cello. She kept asking me for an egg, I ignored her. She helped herself. She got out the frying pan, three eggs and put a cube of margarine in a cup. She cracked the eggs into the pan and stirred the eggs into scrambled eggs. Who needs me? The lucky thing is that she can't, or maybe she didn't think to do it, but she didn't turn on the burner. I quickly helped her finish and she gobbled up the eggs. (one thing she eats well) Still hungry I told her to get some cereal. So again she gets herself cereal.
Lately she is into not wearing a shirt, but today she didn't want to wear anything. So she went want around nude and kept saying "I just want to be naked". 



I've decided I just have to stop giving Ava empty threats, I will just let her do whatever she wants. Maybe that will be easier when she doesn't eat her lunch, gets into treats, takes all her clothes off etc.

1 comment:

  1. I think Henry and Ava could be very kindred spirits. Shirtless wonders who get exactly what they want. Great. TTTTINA

    ReplyDelete