Monday, December 17, 2012

Margaret Turns Five

On October 22nd, Margaret finally turned  five, she has been waiting for her birthday for a long time.  So I decided I had to actually have a little party for her.  We had it right on her birthday, a Thursday, because we had Halloween parties on Friday and Saturday.  I knew if I didn't just do it then I would never do it.  I found a few friends, Addie Cooper (who she thinks is so great), Aubrey Shurtz (from her primary class), Kole Salmon and James and Alli.  I made a little fuss, had pizza and cake and of course we ended with treat bags, which I think is the main reason Margaret was so excited for her birthday.  She is already talking about her next birthday and that she wants a pinata.


                           We decorated crowns and made bead necklaces.
 Her family gave her a make-up kit.  Most people would think I am crazy, but she was so excited and it has created endless hours of entertainment.  I think the mess is really worth it.
I took the easy way out on this birthday, we made everyone little cakes and they decorated it themselves.  We even gave everyone a candle.  Margaret thought it was a great success.



Margaret is now five, she has a late birthday so she isn't in school yet and some days I think I maybe should have done the preschool thing.  But mostly I enjoy her being home.  How to describe Margaret, she is a character.  She is the girliest girl I have.  She loves to dress-up, barbies, dolls, make believe, she loves anything that is girly.  She is very dramatic and when she gets into playing something, she really takes the part serious.  She loves to dance and right now she currently loves to make- up songs.  She loves her Mother, which probably sounds like a great thing, but sometimes it is a bit taxing on the person who is the mother.  She always has to know where I am, I can't ever just sneak places without hearing her bellowing cries.  (Maybe this is because she was attached to me at the hip her first few years of life, she was always in my sling.) She loves to be in charge and organize Rose. (sometimes the organizing comes with a little pinch)  She has a certain style and is the first child I have that decides what she wants to wear every day, I can't just give her clothes to wear.  She has about three beloved outfits that she rotates, they all include stretchy pants.  A typical outfit is stretchy pants with a ruffle skirt, her muppet shirt and her polka-dot sweater-shrug.  Margaret has alway loved treats and she continues to be the one that is always looking for the next treat.  It finds any treat that I ever have and remembers if anyone ever mentions a treat.  Thus we try to have no treats in the house and avoid mentioning them.  We are always entertained when Margaret is around.  She is our Fancy Nancy in our house.  We love you Margaret.

No comments:

Post a Comment