Wednesday, May 6, 2009

You'd think I'd learn

Many may remember the time I misplaced my chariot for a few weeks.  I will refresh your mind.  Raymond has a town clean up that comes once a month. You can leave practically anything, doors, old fridges, branches etc.  Anyways I left my chariot at the front of the house for a long time and someone thought it was garbage, so they took it.  I did get it back after I saw it in the kind old man's garage and rudely questioned him about it.  Needles to say it runs like a dream, he totally fixed it up.  Anyways I guess I haven't learned my lesson.  Yesterday I looked outside and saw Caroline and Reuben's bikes sitting close to the garbage pile.  I thought to myself, I really should move those, but being the lazy person I am sometimes I didn't. They had only been there since the night before. Well lone behold a few hours later I looked out the window and noticed the bikes were gone, not the garbage just the bikes.  I felt sick.  (They aren't super expensive but we did buy them new and they were decent bikes.  I didn't want to replace them just for a foolish mistake.)  Well I fretted all day, I went driving around to see if I could see them in someone's yard.  Usually I would have just given up but then I saw a lady outside that was doing someone's yard beside our house.  I had seen her in the morning and  I noticed she was over looking at someone else's garbage.  Anyways I asked her if she'd seen any kids bikes and lucky for us she knew who had taken them.  So we got them back.  The person felt really bad, she brought us a watermelon.  I guess they go around and look in people's garbages, so they thought our perfectly new looking bikes were junk.  An innocent mistake.  I am just so happy we got them back.  Is there a moral to this story.  I threatened my children that they can never leave their bikes near the edge of the yard, in fact maybe we should even put them in the garage.   

1 comment:

  1. Threaten your kids all you like but will it really change things? It doesn't seem to do much around here whether I'm talking to someone who's three or someone who's thirty. But this story really was Classic Baldry material.

    ReplyDelete