

Reuben is now six years old and we had a birthday party on Friday May 1st for him. Luckily it had warmed up and the kids could play outside. I am not a birthday person, so I have decided that Ryan will have to be in charge of birthday's. He is a much better organizer than me. It was a basketball birthday. We made jersey's out of white t-shirts. The kids liked them, but we sort of had to do them, they couldn't write with the fabric markers very well. They played mini sticks and basketball games. Hot potato basketball was a hit, expect for the crying kids that got out. (there is always someone that cries at a birthday) Not many planned activities, but good enough. Reuben pasted basketball's on the treat bags, and we had birthday cupcakes. Nothing elaborate but at least he thinks he had birthday. We even bought him a present, goalie pads. He loves them.
First of all, his birthday hair is awesome. What do you call it? A relaxed shag? A modern rendition of the mullet? Honestly, it does make me sad we had Henry's cut. Secondly, do the cupcakes for a basketball? It's so sweet. Well, you're like me. I LOVE cakes but I'm not so much for birthdays on a whole.
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday Rueben! I have vivid memories of my visit to Cardston to see youg Rueben when he was born. He was so tiny!! Good on you for having a birthday. Where are the NY pictures? JL
ReplyDelete