We just celebrated our 9th anniversary this past week and I wanted to make mention of a tradition I have. I must admit that it hasn't happened every year but most of them. I wanted to document it in case I forget that I do this in a few years. On or around (this year it was made but I forgot to put it together on our anniversary) May 27th I make our wedding cake. It is a chocolate mousse cake covered in ganache. I think it is just a good excuse but it is sort of fun. My kids helped this year so it was fun. I hope to continue it just as a reminder of our wedding.
I also think it is really important to do something for an anniversary. It doesn't have to be anything major, but I think you should just make it special. We went to the Keg and a movie this year. It mostly is an excuse to go out. I think everyone should go out with their husband once in while. When I have a house I plan to get a babysitter more often and go out.
mmmm, and then you made it for our wedding cake. our anniversary is july 5th...hehe.
ReplyDelete