We are very, very excited about our new Vita-mix. I am married to someone that likes to make drinks so I think he is most excited. So last Sunday we brought the Vita-mix home. Robert and Brandie came over and Austin, Brett and Shaun were there. All of a sudden the night turned into a Vita-mix party. Ryan began with a strawberry smoothie. Then I and Brandie proceeded to tell him that the machine actually makes things hot. Being the clever science teacher that he is, he tells us that is not possible. It defies all sorts of laws. I guess he always tells his chemistry class that you can't stir something until it is hot. Well he had to prove us wrong so he put some water in it and sure enough the water started to steam. Yes the Vita-mix can make hot soup. So this really got him going. He proceeded to make hot chocolate, then he tried to recreate the Serendipity frozen hot chocolate. Then Austin wanted to try an orange drink, with a whole orange. Then of course, Shaun had to make us frozen strawberry yogurt, the best thing ever according to him. Then things really got good. Ryan made warm nacho cheese sauce from real cheese and a little milk, trying to recreate the gourmet nachos we had in New York. I guess Ryan has missed his calling in life as a Vita-mix demonstrater at the trade shows. Needles to say I am making sure that my seven year warranty is registered. This machine will be pushed to its limits.
Um, that sounds like a lot of food. Did you actually eat it all. Sounds like fun. Makes me sad. My husband knows how to reheat leftovers. Oh yeah, and he can warm up a mean hotdog. Don't worry, I know you think I complain about it to him but I don't.
ReplyDeletei heard about this vitamix party and i am so jealous. i have this sneaky feeling that there will be many more to come and i can't wait!
ReplyDelete