Miss Margaret turned 6 and I thought she needed a fuss, so we invited a few friends and had a party. She wanted a rainbow party, so I went all out (which for me doesn't mean much) I have learned not to try to hard on things like this, because it doesn't matter how hard I try or how much time I put in, it really doesn't ever turn out that great. For instance, she wanted a layered cake, so I spent all this time on this cake and this is how it turned out. Yes I do think it looks cute but if someone else spent that much time on this, it would be amazing. You may think that I am putting myself down, but I really am not. I just know that I am bad at anything crafty or creative. I occasionally put some effort in but it is not something I enjoy so I am happy to be bad at it, it doesn't bother me. I seem to have children that have this talent, so I usually let them decorate the cakes. I do think the rainbow layered jello was cool, I just couldn't resist. We made rainbow pictures out of fruit loops necklaces, had hot dogs and cake and jello and opened presents. A great success and I think Margaret was really excited about it.
Yes it was rainbow cake inside too!


No comments:
Post a Comment