Well I would have to say this was the year for a great garden. We got the perfect amount of rain and sunshine. It was enormous and produced a lot of vegetables. We had great helpers to plant it. My sisters helped on the long weekend. I have to say that things even went to waste. It started a bit bad when I came out and saw that bunnies had eaten the top leaves of two rows of beans. They were quickly eliminated from our land and the beans did come back. I came home in the middle of the summer and I had let the first beans get to old. I actually cried over it, because I thought it was such a waste, but then they didn't stop producing. Our corn was enormous and it tasted great. We had so many beats that they didn't get all used. I of course left everything in to long and sadly I have to say that I did not dig up all my potatoes. I just couldn't get around to it. We froze enough beans, beats and corn for the year and enjoyed carrots and potatoes until about february. The kids were great helpers and weeded lots (so they thought). We love our garden
No comments:
Post a Comment