Thursday, March 7, 2013
Ava's Tears
The other day Ava was in the kitchen and she was listening to the Mormon Tabernacle Choir. She kept playing A Child's prayer over and over again. I came into the kitchen and she is laying on the ground coloring a picture and she is crying. Sometimes Ava is a bit sensitive and she often cries when someone is bugging her, but there was no one in sight. So I asked her what was wrong and she wouldn't tell me. Finally she blurts out "I miss Grandma Christensen". My Grandma passed away in January and my Ava sang that song at her funeral. My kids were around my Grandma a little bit, but I didn't think they would miss her after she was gone. I think that the song made her remember how she felt at the funeral and triggered her emotions. I thought it was neat that she would feel that. It was a blessing how she went but we do miss her.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment