Thursday, February 28, 2013

Christmas 2012

Christmas at the Porter's Ranch was great.  Baby Mary came a week before so we still managed to go.  Some people may have thought I was crazy to pack up a week after having a baby, but actually it was great.  I just sat around, didn't have to make anything and my kids were entertained.  So actually it was easier than staying home. It was absolutely freezing but the kids still managed to play outside.  They went sledding and made a big fire outside. We ate lots and had tons of fun.  Everyone was there.



Christmas Eve nativity, Mary came just in time to be baby Jesus.





Our seven course Christmas Eve meal was delicious.


Reuben was most excited about this farm lego set.  He spent the entire day building it, he still loves it at home.  We just have to figure out how to keep it together.
Ava loved her American girl doll, McKenna, her casio piano was quite the hit and her big bag of marshmallows. (that is what she wanted for Christmas)
Caroline was not to excited Christmas morning, (she was sort of set on getting an ipod but that is a different story, her parents have differing opinions on this, I guess I won this year) So when I saw how excited she was when she saw this hair straightener (which my Mom gave to me) I quickly said I thought that she probably needed it more than me, so she took it and in the end she had a good Christmas.
Rosie was no to impressed, all she wanted was the pen that Ava got.  (I should have known, she loves pens right now)
Margaret was mostly excited about the treats, whats new.

Grandpa and Grandma Baldry gave all the kids pj's.






No comments:

Post a Comment