Thursday, October 6, 2011

What happened to the good old day?

 So what happened to the good old days when you just found a cute little kitten in a field beside your house, maybe three cute little stray kittens, and you just let you children (and their friends) play and play and play with them? That is all I want to know.  Yes we (and let me say that it is the kittens fault) have been the breeding grounds for ringworm.  So basically everyone who played with our cats or dogs that have visited our house have shown signs of this great fungus.  No it is not an actual worm, which at first I thought it may be. And yes it did stress me out that I was starting an epidemic in Raymond and yes it did stress me out a bit when I kept getting phone calls from people saying they had it.  Otis in Edmonton, Natalie in Barnwell, Brock, Eric, Audrey and Finn in Calgary, Allie, Aunt Lindsay, Bree and Kari Armener, lets see did I miss anyone, oh yes Caroline's friend Jillian Runquist and oh yes Rose, Margaret, Ava and Reuben.  (And I am sure there are more out their).  Oh yes and Libby and Ralph the visiting dogs. So sorry to all that have been touched with this little trial in life.We have been treating it for a few weeks and we hope to be rid of it eventually, we are finding out that it is hard to get rid of it.    I guess we have learned our lesson, don't play with stray cats.  But they did have a lot of fun with the cats, hours and hours of entertainment
 The ringworm showed up different on everyone.  The doctor also thought the little girls had impetigo, so they were on oral antibiotics and I two different creams. I was so confused at what was what that I just put everything on everyone.  I think in the end it was all fungal.
         Reuben stayed home for a week because his face looked bad and didn't want it spread anymore.



But look how much fun they are having.
How could this cute little thing cause so much grief?

No comments:

Post a Comment