Sunday, October 2, 2011

Reuben's Baptism


We finally had Reuben's baptism on Saturday August 27, 2011 in Raymond. (It had only been four months since he'd turned 8, not to bad.  He kept asking, "Please Mom when can I get baptized?" It's hard to coordinate a triple baptism.  We figured that if we'd all be going to each others baptisms why not combine them so we only go once.  So we finally found a date that worked for everyone. 

Bishop Greg Peterson, from our ward Raymond 4th ward, presided the baptism.
Talks were given by Uncle Robert and Granny Steed.
A musical number was sang by all the Steed girl cousins. Hannah, Caroline, Ava, Talia, Katherine, Aunt Jenny-Lynn, Sarabeth, Christina, Sabrina. We sang If the Savior Stood Beside Me.
The little girls sang solos, it was great.



I noticed a grass stain on Reuben's white baptism suit just before he went into the water.  I wondered to myself how this would have possibly happened.  This is typical Reuben style.  It must have happened when they went outside to take pictures before the baptism. I guess he just couldn't help himself to a rumble with the grass.





Here are some shots of the great party we had after. 




It was a great day.  It was fun that they could do it all together.   We had a big party at our house after.  The weather was perfect, we had a big picnic in the backyard.  A great day for all.

No comments:

Post a Comment