Sunday, October 2, 2011

Ava turns 6

Ava turned six on August 22.  We were in Waterton that day so I decided to have a little birthday for her. I tried to make "cupcakes in a cone", they totally did not work, so then I was going to play some games with the cousins and everyone was wild, so I decided against that as well. In the end I convinced her to take everyone to "Pat's" ( it wasn't hard to convince her) to get a sort of treat bag.  I said they could get anything they wanted so they all decided on these huge jawbreakers.  They were about the size of a baseball and they took weeks to lick.  They actually were great entertainment for the next little while and Ava thought she had a great birthday. I felt a bit guilty for not doing much, so I made her a cake at the baptism party and we sang to her.  Caroline decorated it as a flower. 

*This is off topic but  I love that Caroline will do all the things I don't like to do.  Like anything crafty or to do with hair.  We went to a wedding the other day and she had done all the little girls hair.  Someone commented on how cute Ava's hair was and of course I couldn't take the credit.  


A few things about Ava:
-she is very sensitive and can easily be offended
-if she is offended she gets very frustrated and mad and cries
-she loves taking care of Rosie and is a great big helper
-she seems to be quite bright, she loves to read and is picking it up quite fast
-she is also doing well on the piano and loves to do her theory
-she loves to help her Mom, she always has been my helper
-she has gorgeous eyes and a great smile and looks cute in every picture (super photogenic)
- she currently loves to talk in baby talk and only does it to her Mom and Dad ( it does drive her mother a bit crazy and I will glad when this phase ends)
-she loves grade one and is eager to learn
-she is a great middle child of our family and we love her lots

No comments:

Post a Comment