Sunday, October 2, 2011

Concerts

 Caroline and I went to wicked in June, with some of my family.  It was in Calgary at the Jubilee Auditorium.  It was fantastic.  This is the second time I've seen it and I think it was better the second time.  Caroline loved it too, she has been listening to the music over and over.  She in fact could probably sing the entire musical for you.

We had our first piano recital with our piano teacher, Wayne Tollestrup.  It was at the end of June at a Senior's centre in Lethbridge.  The kids did very well.  Reuben was dying to play hockey night in Canada, (a bit harder than what he should be playing), so he worked really hard on it and did it.  He didn't notice but he played both of his songs an octave lower than normal.  Ava started taking lessons in April and she played two little songs.  Humpty Dumpty is still one of her favorites and she plays it regularly.  Caroline also did an exam this year.  I think it went okay, it didn't turn her totally off the piano, so thats good.  She received 78%, so I don't know if thats good or bad but at least she did it.



I have been trying to keep up with the cello so I've been playing with the Lethbridge symphony, so that makes me play every Monday.  I also do these little library concerts with a group of people that just love to play. My trio that I play with in Raymond, Rachel Spencer and Kari Witbeck are getting ready for a recital in November.  It is hard to find time to practice, but I try, usually it is late at night.

No comments:

Post a Comment