Sunday, March 13, 2011

Random post



This is the rabbit Oreo. All animals we have that are black and white seem to be called this.
Rose holding Allie.

A few things that have happened in the past months.

This was a first for me. One cold January night the RCMP showed up on my door stop. I guess someone in my house phoned 911. The culprit won't confess, but I am pretty sure it is someone who's name starts with an A and ends with an A. They had to come check us out because our phone was off the hook all night, so after the call came in they couldn't get a hold of us. The lady was really nice about it. Its nice to know that someone will come if you need help.

Rose is obsessed with other peoples babies. When baby Allie came over she had to hold her the whole night and wouldn't let anyone else touch her. It is cute for a bit but after she screams at everyone else it gets a bit much.

I hauled the littler girls into Lethbridge to go swimming. Everyone started getting changed and then I realized I had forgotten half my swimming suit. So we had to pack everyone up again and we went to the library instead. Such a pain. We have been going swimming every week and the girls love it. This is me at the pool with the three girls I just follow Rose everywhere trying to keep one hand on her while the older two follow me around. We go where Rose wants to go. She loves the baby slide so I just hold onto her hand and let her go up and down it. Last time she was into escaping I had to chase her up the cement steps that are for spectators. Lets just say she is a goer.

Things I've done because Ryan broke his collar bone.
I got rid of a mouse out of a mouse trap. Didn't love doing it and now that Ryan's arms are both working I don't plan on doing it again.
I learned to drive the big white truck. I can now haul water.
I learned to drive the tractor.
I broke the water for the cows. (the dugout not their actual water) One of my sister's (I won't mention her name) thought that is what I meant and when she told my Grandma that she didn't know you had to break a cows water my Grandma thought that was the funniest thing she had ever heard. She told everyone she new. (breaking the dugout was about the only thing Ryan couldn't do for a little while)
I checked the cows. I can now tell if a cow is in labour.

Margaret is my little entertainment all day long. I sat last night on the couch and she entertained me for a long time. She loves to sing and will prance around the house making up songs. She loves to tie scarfs around her neck to make herself fancy. You really have to see her in person to really appreciate how she carries on.

Oreo the bunny died. Margaret reminds everyone that Oreo died. She is always telling people, "You know Oreo died". They usually have now clue what she is talking about. We are now down to three bunnies. Lets just say they are not my favorite things. I try to keep them watered and fed but it is not my favorite thing to do. I also am pretty sure they are not all girls. The interest in them has worn off, maybe it will return in the spring when it is nicer out.

Caroline had hives on her body for a week. I have no idea why but she came home from Calgary with hives on her back and neck. I gave her benydryl all week but they kept coming back. I changed my detergent back to my old kind. I think they are gone so maybe that was the problem.

Reuben is almost done hockey. He has loved it, his team had some close games in the end that were fun to watch. Most of my games were spent following Rose, she usually cried most of the game. It is tough to haul the whole family to games every weekend. We didn't go to many away games. It is a fun sport but you have to be committed to it. I don't know how families do it with lots of kids.

Ava has been asking me when I am coming to school with her. (you can volunteer and it is March and I have never made it yet) So finally I signed up and had a great day with her. She loves kindergarten. It is fun to watch all the kids. They all love it and are so excited to learn. She did gymnastics that day and she was so excited to show me. I think I am glad I put her in school, she seems to be doing fine. My favorite thing about this age is when they sound things out. When my Dad was here the other day she said to him, Grandpa you are a GGG. He didn't know what she was talking about but she was telling him what letter he started with.

I am the primary chorister right now. It is a new calling. I do like it, it just takes some time and it is hard to leave on Sunday. My goal for it this time is for me to really learn the songs. I have a really hard time with words. So that is what I am working on. Lately I have been running on my treadmill and practicing the songs. I hope I can do a good job because I think it is a really important calling, the songs are what kids remember.


No comments:

Post a Comment