Monday, February 23, 2009
Hat's off to Caroline
Here is a good example of why I think Caroline is so great. Some may disagree that it is great and that she is a lot like her mother, but I think it is great because I couldn't deal with the alternative. So here is the story. Caroline is in skating. I thought that I would put her in it because Reuben is in hockey and she doesn't seem to love piano or cello and I wanted her to like something she did. Well lets just say the skating program is not great. For one thing they don't really teach her anything, for two I had to fundraise $300 worth of frozen food (which I and thankfully Aunt Joy bought), and I have to put in volunteer hours, not to mention that it cost $250 just to be in it and I had to sew a skating dress. All of these things contribute to my dislike of it, but Caroline seems to like it. Today it all just became even more clear when I took her to get her picture taken. They are doing a carnival and Caroline's costume is this cute sparkly skating dress, with an egyptian headpiece and neck piece. Here we show up to all these little girls with their hair all done up and their faces plastered with makeup. So here is sweet Caroline with her hair at least combed, no makeup, no tights because her mother forgot to buy them and boy skates in her cute little outfit. (I keep asking her if she wants girl skates but she says no) So you would typically think that this child might feel out of place, that she might want to look like the other girls, but no sweet Caroline doesn't care. I asked her if she wanted me to go get some makeup and she said no. So as Tina would say "Bravo to Caroline, for not caring what she looks like". She is her mothers girl and I hope she stays like it, because I can't do the frilly girl stuff. Lets just hope she doesn't want to do it next year.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Sarabeth thanks so much for the medicine for the day. They say that laughter is the best thing for us and I resolved to try and do it m ore this year. your blogs are bringing many a smile and several chuckles. I sit and laugh by myself and have the best time. These blogs are invaluable because you will have things about your children. I could never remember anything cute my kids had done because I had not written them down. so hats off to blogging. It will benefit you and also me. Love you lots. MOM
ReplyDeleteThis story says a lot about Caroline. A lot, a lot of good. I tried to read some of it to Henry but he doesn't remember who Caroline is, just Reuben and Margie. I think he still liked it though for the two seconds he would sit down and listen to it. I think I'm dealing with the attention span of an eel.
ReplyDelete