So I guess maybe blogging isn't my thing. It is hard to keep up and find the time to write, but I guess I will persist, it just might be more sporadic and that is fine. We went to Whitefish for three days during the February break. Granny, Hannah, Seth, Richard, Sabrina, the Jones', Walter's, us the Baldry's and Austin, all went. I think everyone will agree that it was a grand event, one that we should do yearly. On our way there our car broke down, so that at least leaves some sort of memory for us to cherish. We had crossed the border and our battery light went on, being the kind of people we are, we just kept driving. A while later every button in the car lit up and all of a sudden the car died. Luckily for us there was a good pull out on the opposite side of the road. So here we were in the mountains, no cell phone coverage, and a dead car. Luckily for us we knew that there was a caravan somewhere behind us. These are the moments that I have a cell phone for and of course it didn't work. I am not sure what we have done if we were on our own. We were all in good spirits, it wasn't to cold and everyone was quite happy. Quickly after our arrival the Jones' showed up. Ryan and Steve quickly figured out a solution to the problem. The problem being a shredded alternator belt (which turns power into the battery). If I was by myself I most certainly would have had the car towed. Luckily for their cleverness (which I guess was just common sense if one knows anything about a car) we saved a lot of money on towing. So how did we get to Kalispell you ask? Well, we would charge the car for 10 minutes and that would give it enough power to drive for 10 minutes. As soon as all the lights came on we would quickly find a pull out and charge it again. It was a bit nerve racking since we were in the mountains and the road had no shoulder, every time it would die I would just pray we were close to a pull out. About doing this four times, we decided to pile the kids in Betsy's car and head for the hotel. Leaving the boys and Granny to eventually make it to Kalispell. In the end everything worked out they arrived at a gas station that had the part, that knew another place that would install the part, it was almost closed so they quickly phoned over and the people waited for them. It was a good Steed adventure, that of course was not so bad because it all turned out in the end and only cost $40.
We had so much fun skiing and swimming in the hotel. I skied for the first time in nine years and event though I just went down the little hills, it was excilerating. Caroline and Reuben just took off and loved every minute of it, they skied for one and a half days straight. We touch Caroline to the top of the mountain and she was pretty proud of herself. Reuben still needs some work on turning, he just goes straight down. Ava suprised us all by not wanting to stop. She is three and half, our youngest skier ever. I thought she would last one run, but she kept going the whole day. She stayed with Ryan the whole time but by the end she could go by herself, she just wasn't great at turning. Aunt Tina graciously took care of Margaret for a whole day, and it was heavenly without her (no offense Margaret). Tina says it went well with three children under the age of three, but I am sure it wasn't that fun. I just can't stop thinking how fun the trip was, I can't wait until next year, everyone needs to come.
Of course my camera died right when I was going to take a picture, and my video camera was dead as well ( typical to my life) so we will just have to remember the memories.
No comments:
Post a Comment