Tuesday, October 2, 2012

The in-laws "new" alarm system

So Roger and Karie just put in a new alarm system in their house.  If I haven't said this before, I do not like anything that has to do with technology.   (this drives Ryan crazy because I usually get really mad when I am trying to do something with a computer or phone)  I just can't quite get into this new age and I know I am young and I am supposed to to love ipads, iphones, computers etc...  but I don't. Every time I use them something always goes wrong.  So we use the Baldry's house on Mondays for piano lessons. I got into the house, no problem. It was the getting out of the house that was a problem.  Ryan showed me how to arm the system, so I thought I did it right.  I don't trust technology so I waited the minute and then tried the door.  Well I guess I set off the alarm, I guess I had also failed to check if all the doors were locked. So here I was with this super loud alarm going off, I am laughing because I can't believe I actually set off the alarm and then this lady is talking to me and I am supposed to remember the entire password, not just part of it.  Finally her voice is gone and the alarm is off so I am trying to lock the door again.  Well I guess they actually do send the police over if you don't know the correct password and you have set off the alarm.  So yes,  I tested it, the alarm system does work, the police do come and Derek (the contact number) comes as well.  Thanks Derek.  The police man wasn't convinced I was a thief, so that was good, thought he did take my name and birthdate just to be sure.

1 comment:

  1. hahahahah! Sarabeth! It would happen to you! You were saying how nervous you were about using it. I love it! I'm sure you didn't so much! But it did give me a good chuckle!

    ReplyDelete