Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Valentines

I sort of forgot about Valentines this year, nobody came home with a class list or any sort of reminder. February seemed to just sneak past me, probably just like I am remembering that I am supposed to bring the parent snack tomorrow for preschool and I have no groceries.  I seem to just forget most things. Here is what we came up with for this year.  I am not creative at all but I love homemade valentines,  I think they are so cute.  So the kids made their own and we used whatever supplies we could find in the house.  This is one thing I love about my kids, they want to make their valentines. I was going just buy them but Reuben and Caroline would not have it, they had to make them.   Ava did want me to buy Mickey Mouse cards, but when everyone else started making theirs, she wanted to make hers to.  The best thing about it is that they do most everything, I just helped with some cutting.
 Reuben's is a one-eyed monster that says "I've got my eye on you!" He thought they needed lollipop on them.
 Caroline's says "Bee Mine from Caroline", it has a bee in the corner.  She designed them.
 Ava was all about the lollipop, so she made butterflies.  She did make a card for herself and was trying to convince me that hers should have two or at least she should also have one in her lunch.

These are from my Valentine. We celebrated Valentines on Monday, Reuben had hockey in the Crowsnest pass on actual valentines day.  I came home from orchestra to a grand feast, the kids had helped Ryan clean the house and he had made an entire fancy meal.  Ryan doesn't remember everything but he does usually remember Valentines day.  
I thought that I should do something for Margaret, so we invited a few friends over and had a Valentine's tea party.  Even before this she has been praying to have parties everyday and one day we did decorate the house and have our own dance party.  So she was pretty excited about having her own party.  She had Jared Runquist, Kole Salmon and Addie Cooper.  Their Mom's came over so we had fun.  Rosie of course was very involved as well.  





2 comments:

  1. Those are the cutest thrown together valentines ever!!! What a fun valentines!

    ReplyDelete
  2. by the way could reuben look any more like ryan in that picture!!!!

    ReplyDelete