I recently had a bad week.
It started on Saturday, with Margaret being really sick. That night I had a concert in Raymond and I couldn't find a babysitter (provincial final football game). Also I didn't want to leave Margaret with just any twelve year old. So I ended up hauling all the little girls to the concert. I was going to leave them in the car and Aunt Sabrina was going to take them home, but they all had to come. I was bit flustered when I arrived but it worked out okay, they just all looked like vagabond's. It was my concert with my trio, so I sort of had to be there and be on time. I was so glad to get it over with but it exhausted me for the week to come. The next few days Margaret slept but she wanted me to sit with her the whole time. So I didn't get much done.
Sunday night we watched wild grass fires on the ridge. To me, it looked like they were coming towards Raymond, but they weren't. It was crazy and nerve racking. I didn't do my dishes that night. That was mistake because the water pump broke Monday morning (I did shower right before it broke) My house was also a disaster because I had put all my extra time into practicing the cello, so I didn't start the week out very well.
So Monday and Tuesday I sat with Margaret all day. No water. I also had orchestra both nights, which makes life crazy trying to leave and organize a babysitter. Still no water.
The water pump was fixed Wednesday afternoon, meanwhile my entire kitchen was full of dishes. Lets just say when people say they are grateful for running water, I really know what that means I am grateful for it. I can do the piling up dish thing but the bathroom thing is not so great. I did boil some water to wipe off my counters. By now I am done doing the sick thing, it gets a bit exhausting. On Thursday I was supposed to go to Calgary but I woke up with a really sore eye. I tried to drive to Lethbridge but I couldn't do it. So we sat in a parking lot for while. Then I drove home. A few hours later I tried again. I packed up all the girls again and away we went. (Oh ya I also ran over a kitten when I was leaving.) By this time now Ava was really sick. So we arrived in Calgary with sick kids and my weeping eye. Lets just say we were not in a good state. But Grandpa fixed us up with antibiotics, I guess they all had strep throat, and Christina let me wear her glasses. I don't really have glasses that work, so it is sort of a pain when I can't wear my contacts. I think I was maybe just drained by the week because I was sort of useless in Calgary, I was supposed to be helping make chocolates. It was just a weird draining week. For the record I am not pregnant. I know everyone in Calgary thought I was because I was so exhausted but I am doing much better now. I actually just went and bought glasses, my water is still working, I haven't run over any more kittens and I feel much better. As I read this it doesn't sound that bad of a week but at the time I think I was just, drained and then my eye thing just made it that much worse.
No comments:
Post a Comment