I guess you can really call our place a "farm"we acquired some new additions to the Baldry Ranch. We thought we'd try it out, maybe try to teach our kids some responsibility. I mean if your going to feed one animal why not feed a bunch, right. So we make the kids feed the lambs, broken leg calf and the pig, morning and night. The first morning they woke us up to go do it, the novelty has worn off a bit but they don't complain. The idea was to put the money they earn into savings, but I am not sure this is a money making thing. We are having bad luck with our animals. The bunnies escaped (Ryan didn't quite
This is our pregnant pig. If you ask Ava she will tell you it is a bred hog. Margaret and I call her Pepper, but she has a few other names as well. As you can see she is the real thing a big fat pig. Its great I don't feel like I am wasting anything she eats all my leftovers. The piglets are supposed to be born Easter weekend, but we'll see.

Reuben loves this whole farm life. Here he is with Marshmallow, Comet (she passed away yesterday from unknown causes) and Spot. They are super fun with kids, they follow the kids everywhere.
oh my goodness! comet died?! that is so sad. your kids are getting some real life lessons on birth and death along with the responsibility of feeding. just love that farm of yours! can't wait for the piglets!
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteI love ya! Love the blog!! It's late at night and I am tired so my spelling and grammar were awful in the last comments. Call me. We really need to get our families together!
ReplyDelete