Monday, January 10, 2011

Christmas 2011


Well another success of a Christmas. We just did the same thing we always do, party, party, party. We just moved from one family to the next. Sometimes I think that I should be like these people that come home early from holidays so that they can have a few days to recover instead of getting home late and having to go to school the next day. But really do I want to miss the party? This year all the Baldry's were home and we went to Mountain View for three days right at Christmas. It was great, the weather was warm there was snow, no wind, everyone had enough room. We started the stay with a great project for the men, getting the Hunters van unstuck. Californians may not know how to drive (just joking, it was a huge hill and they did have no traction) but they do know how to have fun in the snow. Uncle Luke provided snowmobiles and quads (that probably made the trip for the boys, I think they were going all day). Grandma Baldry even came and I think she faired quite well. It was a great way to spend Christmas, no phones, no last minute shopping. I think the Steed's should do it. NOTE for next time: the food was organized well but we all brought to much (minor problem, there could of been a big blizzard) and don't let Brooke on a snowmobile with Brady (just a minor fall on the hard ice, your head is not that important anyway). The kids loved to run in circles around the balcony and we had a great cookie making activity. Christmas Eve started early with appetizers and the night went perfectly. My kids sang All I want for Christmas is my two front teeth (Reuben had no teeth so it just suited the event) and A Cowboy Christmas for the program.

We all made the kids turtles, like Grandma Baldry made for her grandkids. The kids all opened them up Christmas Eve and they were really excited about them. I actually enjoyed the project, though it took a lot of time, it was the first real project I have done for a long time. I created a ladybug and a caterpillar just to mix things up a bit. I think the best thing about the project was that I used my Grandma Christensens old fortrel material and she asked her friends for theirs. So I got all this material from Gladys and Judy Mikado. My Grandma was so tickled when I showed her the end result. She was so glad to see something old reused. I got bragged about at club and I told her I would bring them to show off to the club girls. I was really grateful for the material because it saved me a lot of money. My kids often sleep with the turtles and I made them durable so that they can drag them around outside. (I love presents that have meaning). Here are all the turtles:

After Christmas we were home for a few days, the Steed's came for boxing day and had to stay in a hotel (I guess my house just isn't good enough for them or maybe to small). It was so hot out we had a hot dog roast and the kids had endless hours of entertainment with our newly acquired bunny rabbits. (they currently live in the green house, we acquired them from our renters of the trailer, who failed to pay the rent but left us with something else instead, emotional memories from the endless hours of entertainment the rabbits provide).
After sugar bowl, Reubens hockey games, a quick stop at the Hicken dance we headed up to the Steed's. Where we had lots of skating , tubing, games, food and fun. Here are a few pictures from our Christmas:
Here is Christmas morning, I think they were all happy.
We finally gave in an bought an electrical device a DS Xl. (so far hasn't been used to much)
Happy little boy with his red rider bee-bee gun. He also got a big lego set and he spent the entire day putting it together.
This bathrobe hasn't come off since Christmas. It is worn as a coat.
Maggie-moo shoes loves her cowboy boots, she wears them everywhere. She wasn't very interested in opening presents. Mostly interested in the treats.
Rosie was happy Christmas morning just rummaging around finding treats in everyones stockings. Rosie wasn't in her best state, (she still seems to not be, maybe she's still teething) she cried a lot. She loves Grandma Karie, so when she wasn't with her she was crying or if I tried to take her outside she was crying.

Everyone got matching pajamas. They wore them for the rest of the time there.


Ava loves her Grandpa.
I think she survived and I bet if you asked her she would have said it was fun.
All the kids got toques from Grandpa and Grandma Karie. Thanks for all the fun.

2 comments:

  1. Ok I am dying to see the turtle sleeping bags. I remember when I was little I was so jealous of all the baldry kids because of those. I was thinking of making some for my kids last year, but of course didn't get around to it.
    I didn't know you had a blog so I'm catching up with all the baldry events now. Can't believe ryans shoulder!! Crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops totally not stache master. That's Kyle.
    Zoe.

    ReplyDelete