Sunday, October 31, 2010

Halloween 2010



Halloween has come and gone. I have to say that I was ready for it to leave. We had a Halloween party with our friends in Raymond the week before. We tried to invite a good variety of people, family, friends and some people that we don't know to well. We rented the big red barn and I think it went well. It was great place to have it. People dressed up, we had a dance, glowsticks, kids running wild, lots of treats, the usual. Then on to the next week, Caroline dressed up for dance, then for the school parade on Friday. From there we whipped up to Calgary for the big Steed party and back to Raymond on Saturday for a party at Baldry's and for some great trick or treating. It was really fun, there was no wind, it wasn't too cold and there were a ton of kids out. Raymond changed Halloween to Saturday so I think that brought a lot of people out from Lethbridge. Gord McCue informed me that Raymond's official change of Halloween made the Globe and Mail. They were mocking the town.
Here were our costumes for this year:
Caroline was a witch again, but this time a pink witch


Reuben was rodeo clown, he thought it was great. This year none of the boys in the Steed family could decide what they wanted to be, so I had to decide so we decided a rodeo clown and Reuben thought that was great. When we got to Calgary, I told him everyone else ended up being hunters and when he saw them all in there cool costumes, he started crying. So yes I guess everyone is right, I was wrong, they all have to be the same costume. So lucky for Reuben Aunt Betsy whipped up some pants and he had his hunting coat. If only Aunt Betsy wouldn't make such cool costumes.
(his picture is coming)
Ava was bumblebee, and at the Steed party she was part of the bug squad.


Margaret was the Queen, which suited her perfectly. She played the part very well

Rosie was a pea. She had to be something I'd already made, but her legs looked really cute in her tights. When she went trick or treating she was skunk and every thought she was so cute. I don't know why I spend time making costumes when the boughten ones are cheap and super cute. Rosie thought trick or treating was the greatest thing ever. She couldn't believe people were just handing her candy. She tried to eat it as fast as she got it. She would get mad if I didn't get her candy at every house.

2 comments:

  1. who knew halloween could be as busy as christmas!? and yes rosie's legs DID look so cute in those tights!

    ReplyDelete