

Well, December is here so I have decided to start a Christmas chain. My mother did it for us growing up and I have very fond memories of it. I am going to use some of the things that I remember doing. So far my kids are loving it, today we made snowflakes with glitter. Yesterday we watched a Christmas movie and on the first they started chocolate advent calenders. Two funny things that Ava did, she went downstairs just to look at Reuben and Caroline's advent calenders. She was taking long so I went to see what she was up to, I guess I trusted her to well, she had Reuben's day 2 chocolate in her mouth. Her response was she was just licking it and didn't chew it. The other kids also are clever enough to look ahead at the chain, I threatened them that if they did they wouldn't get to do those fun things, but Ava's response was that she could look because she couldn't read. She does have a valid point. Ava is really into singing right now so she will bring the music stand out and put it up high, then get on a table with a music book and just sing or make me sing. She can do it for a long time. I can't believe how kids cam learn songs so fast. Ava is my number one helper with Rose. She will hold her and haul her around. It makes most people really nervous when they see her pick her up but I can't really stop her and she seems pretty stable. I only cringe when she is holding her up over her head and walking with her on the couch. Rosie will be crying and Ava will happily try to console her while I am doing something else. She has had plugged up ears recently so she doesn't always hear you. Now I think she just has selective hearing, because her ears are clear. Ava loves to help me cook and is very hands on. When we were making chocolates she was stirring the chocolate and helping everyone dip. She has always been like this.
Ava has an extreme sweet tooth. She loves sugar. I could just give her candy for Christmas and it would probably be her best Christmas ever. Recently she has been asking me to make cookies all the time, so she can pick in them. Her biggest downfall right now is that she is a horrible eater. She waits for the treats. She will often not eat supper. It drives us crazy. I have to make sure she doesn't eat anything past about 3:00 or she won't eat. She just sits there and stares at her food. There is always something wrong with dinner. Eventually she will eat it, it just takes a long time. Her latest comments are that dinner just looks so good that she just can't eat it, it is too good to eat. Ava also has the bad habit of not listening to anything I say, she will not help when we clean up. She doesn't out right say she isn't helping she just wanders around and avoids it. Ava loves going to joy school and to ballet. I love her short hair, she totally suits it. I enjoy her company.
i agree sara! ava is beautiful, she is such a sweet little girl with lots of fun spunk in her. my boys just love her.
ReplyDelete