Sunday, June 2, 2013

Rosie and Mary

So I thought that having kids over three years apart would be easier.  Rose is three years and four months older and I thought she wouldn't care about a new baby, but I was wrong.   Rose is a very physical person, she likes to touch things and experience things.  So Mary soon learned to be tough.  It wasn't just that she gave her to much love, I think she actually wanted to hurt her (I know she was seeking attention and I needed to give her more, but it was difficult). Rose would roll around with her on the bed, hit her, and she actually did bite her a few times.  And the biggest problem was that she wanted to wake her up all the time. I finally got smart and put a lock on my door, that is what saved me.  She did stack chairs upon chairs and laundry baskets upon laundry baskets and she did get in a couple times, but the lock at least gave me a little time.  My family would watch her with Mary and couldn't believe how she was not very gentle,  Aunt Betsy was quite concerned for Mary.  I sort of just tried to remove Mary and distract, but I can't say that always happened. I did quite a lot of yelling as well.  (it was a hard few months, it didn't help that she also wouldn't go to bed a night, it was always a fight, thus she was always tired.  It also didn't help that Ryan was not around much.)  I can say she is way easier now (Mary is now five month and much more durable, except when dropped on my hard floor) but the first few months were a different story.





No comments:

Post a Comment