Saturday, May 14, 2011

Carolines Dance Recital


Caroline is in clogging and they just had their end performance. I have to admit and I do believe that I have said this before, but let me reiterate that I do not think that dance is my thing. I know I did ballet as a child and that it is good for your posture and good exercise, but I still don't love it. Maybe it is that end week concert and the stress of putting on make-up and curling her hair. (we all know that is not my thing) in fact one night Grandma Karie remarked that she prefered Caroline's hair to the others because it was straight and she thought that looked better than the curls. Well I did curl her hair with a curling iron and I did put lots of hairspray in it. It just went completely flat. Caroline loved it and so we will see what next year brings.
A little story about her, she likes to put things off. Her teacher challenged them to a slurpee challenge if they practiced their clogging routine for five minutes a day which added up to about six hours by the time the challenge was over. Well Caroline really wanted that slurpee but put off the practicing and I didn't really care. She had about 5 hours left with three days to do it. She didn't quite make it to the six hours but she practiced for to two hour chunks. That is one song over and over, she was tapping her feet right up to the time she had to go to class. The teacher gave her the slurpee because she was so close. I want to say she learned that she shouldn't procrastinate but I don't think she did. She seemed happy to clog for hours in row.

Yes her hair is straight but had been curled, I am just lucky this isn't a hard core studio.

1 comment: