

Caroline- still loves to read. I will send her to bed and she will read all night if I let her. If I just leave books around she will read them. She is playing softball on an all girls team and she is really enjoying it. She still hates cello (I haven't had the energy lately to try and get her to practice) she doesn't mind the piano. She is a really cute little girl with lots of creative energy in her. Here are her latest pictures that she drew at school during free time. She was on a Sea world kick and she looked at a picture and copied it.
Maybe I never drew when I was young but Caroline is way better at art then I am now.
This is her hut she built at school for a social project.
She is outgoing yet shy at the same time, she reminds me of myself when I was younger. She is not a demanding or loud child. She is very good with computers and is always making some sort of scrapbook or changing things around on the computer. This is her podcast that she did in school. It was used as an example at a Westwind school division meeting. It was one of the best in the class (not to brag).
She has a really good memory and had the whole thing memorized.
If I can't remember the words to a song I just ask Caroline. She loves listening to music. She has a great ear and great rhythm. Her favorite songs for the year are probably "We are the World" (The Haiti version, and I Believe (the Olympic song)
This is my latest Caroline experience and just the beginning of my woes in raising children. When I tell this, just remember she is a good kid, I think it reflects my parenting skills. So Caroline has been in choir every Tuesday during lunch since the beginning of the year. So every Tuesday I send her a lunch, she usually reminds me. So I am talking to my friend Rachel that day and she tells me she is going to the choir concert that afternoon, Oh I say Caroline didn't mention that to me, I guess she will phone me if she needs black pants, I will probably go to the concert at night. Then after school I read in Reuben's agenda that he went and heard the choir. So I ask Caroline if she had a concert and she says that she did not. So I question her further, and I learn that she has quit choir. When we go talk to her teacher I learn that she quit about a month and a half ago. I learn that she just wants to stay for lunch so she has been telling me she still needs a lunch just so she can stay at school. Anyways I was shocked that she had been deceiving us. I know that it is not a big deal but we made it a big deal and hopefully she learned her lesson. She was scared I wouldn't let her stay for lunch and she thinks it is fun (which they are not supposed to do) So I have a child that has to lie to me. The whole time I was thinking what BL would think of the situation and I know that my Dad thinks it is very important to not scare your children into lying to you. Learning experience for both of us.
Caroline can be very helpful if she wants to, I need to give her more responsibility, so that she will be ready to babysit in two years. I see glimpses of it when she tries to help Margaret, who won't let anyone help her. We love her unique personality and the little quirks that she has. She will be nine years old on Monday, how time flies. She has loved grade three and thinks that her teacher (Ms. Jodi Jensen) it the best teacher in the world. Caroline was always at the top of her class for reading. At the end of each month she would gather all the books she read and write her own reading list on a scrap of paper, then I would have to count all the pages. She always made the WOW list.
We had a birthday party with her school friends. We had just sort of moved into our new farm and that is where she wanted to do it. I think it was a few days after we moved. The girls had cameras and they went around on a scavenger picture hunt and took pictures of themselves. Ryan went and developed them while they each made their own scrapbook. It was success! This is what Caroline loves to do. I keep telling them we are not having big parties with friends every year, but Caroline needed it and girl birthday's are fun and so easy. Here are some pictures.
No comments:
Post a Comment