Monday, October 5, 2009

The first Grocery trip

Well, what can I say. I haven't blogged much recently, I guess my excuse is I just had a baby two months ago. (that is my excuse for everything and lets just say I really don't get much done) So instead of trying to catch up I will continue on. Baby Rose seems to prevent me from doing anything. When she is asleep I want to hold her and finally when I just want to relax she has a history of being fussy.(although she seems to be growing out of this) Today I made my first trip to Lethbridge with Ava, Margaret and Rose. Up until now I have avoided this. All went relatively well, (except the fact that it was lunch time and the kids were hungry and Ava wanted everything, I of course came home with some unwanted things. I always give in to her, I just don't have the energy for a fight) Anyways I just wanted to relay one small episode that just shows you why I try to avoid going into public. I went to two stores while the baby was asleep, I then thought I would try Superstore in hopes that I still had a little more time. I got my cart, went to put baby in it and she started to cry. So I had to feed her. I place the cart beside the van and let the other girls roam in the van. All of a sudden Ava has the window down and she is hanging out the window, she then pushes the cart. It begins to roll backwards and I am just sitting there watching it. You know the feeling when you are watching something happen but you just don't have the energy to stop it, so I (while feeding baby Rose) watch the cart pick up pace and is about to run into a car. In my other mirror I see this girl come running to stop this runaway cart. She has this look on her face that say's "who on earth allowed this cart to roll away". Of course it is a girl that I know and I come running out apologizing for my children but I need the cart because I only have one loonie. Anyways it was just all very typical to my gongshow life. We finally got into the store and the shopping went okay. This post has taken me four days to actually finish, so I will now post it and hope that the next won't take as long.

7 comments:

  1. Good to see your back on board with the blogging!! I love you stories, I get quite a good lil laugh out of em. Keepem coming!
    love ya B

    ReplyDelete
  2. I couln't believe it. I usually don't check if you've written something new but tonight I was just hoping... and voila. Poor you. I hate going to Superstore. Especially with kids. That's why I don't do it. Tina

    ReplyDelete
  3. priceless, another great sarabeth story.

    ReplyDelete
  4. its good to know im not the only gong show out there. hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad you are back! I can just picture Ava hanging out the window. JL

    ReplyDelete
  6. Halarious. I'm sure it wasn't at the time--but good laughs now.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sara, I've been ready your blog and I love it. Your stories and commentary are so you--i've been cracking up over here. You are a very talented blogger. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete