Thursday, April 23, 2009

Catching Up







Well lets just say I have been slacking on the blogging, it was inevitable, I am not great at sticking to something.  And lets face it I have been far to busy traveling the world to take the time to blog.  But I would like to catch up on a few things.  I think I will start backwards.  It is April 23 and yes we woke up a beautiful snowy wonderland.  In fact we had a snow day, all the schools were cancelled.  I am sure there have been other days like this but this is the first day that school was cancelled this year.  I think that the administration is tired of the snow too and felt like we deserved a day off just because of our long winter.  We had a great day and enjoyed our Dad home for the day, he actually had nothing to do, so we had fun.  Allie and James are visiting us so they shared in the fun.  We had lots of dancing and dress-ups, turned the house into a disaster, played in the snow, Dad made donuts and ended the day with a Barbie movie.  




One day Ryan said to me that he has taken on my trait of letting the children do whatever they want as long as it entertains them for a few minutes.  I was not aware of this, I thought everyone let children create disasters, but Ryan informed me that it wasn't in his personality to, for example, let Margaret empty the entire tupperware drawer, just to keep her happy but also creating a job for yourself as well.  I am not sure this is a good trait that I have and I am not sure it is even a character quality. But I think I get it from my parents.  I just had a good picture that examplifies this.  So here is Margaret, covered in flour, having a great time.  I didn't put her there so that she would be entertained, it came about because I needed to pour a big bag of flour into some buckets.  I have left this job half done for weeks, so every time I open the cupboard the half empty bag ends up spilling.  So instead of just getting her out of the way I just let her make a bigger mess and spend more time cleaning up. I am not sure it is ever worth it.


3 comments:

  1. What the???? Ryan made doughnuts?

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a girl sarabeth... you are doing it and your kids are going to love you for it... i need to learn a lesson or two from you...love ya lots

    ReplyDelete
  3. you guys have been talking about ryan making doughnuts for so long. all it took was a snow day! and why am i not surprised that james is wearing the dress, oh dear. glad you had fun with the crazies. derek doesn't get it when i let the kids play in the sink with water for an hour either.

    ReplyDelete