When I moved here about 12 years ago, Rachel Spencer moved here the same year. She plays the violin so for the past 12 years, off and on, we have been playing together for different events. We got together with Karina Witbeck and created a piano trio. It has been great, because it has forced me to play and it has been really fun because we are all sort in the same stage of life and doing the same things. Well Rachel is moving to Edmonton, I am very sad I am losing a really good friend. We decided to do one last concert. For some reason I seem to always be pregnant when we do these things, probably because I put it off until it is almost to late and I am forced to do it because after the baby is born then it is too hard. We did the concert in Lethbridge at Casa and it went very well. We had over150 people there, we didn't know if we'd get Raymond people but it was great to see we have a fan club. We played a Beethoven Trio and then we played some lighter stuff. All our concerts have usually been like this, I think it appeals to the audiences we have. So I hope that I will keep playing after this next baby, I will miss having Rachel around. It won't be the same without her at orchestra and at the library concerts, and playing at anything.
Karina Witbeck, Rachel Spencer and Me (yes in great form)


Hey, this was super sweet! I didn't know you wrote about our concert. I will miss _you_ so much. And I'm glad your baby is here now. :-)
ReplyDeleteHey, this was super sweet! I didn't know you wrote about our concert. I will miss _you_ so much. And I'm glad your baby is here now. :-)
ReplyDelete